Friday, January 2, 2015
My poor blog has been totally neglected...this year is going to be different! I want to be different...so I am going to have the courage to really share my heart. Thanks for taking the time to follow my blog and be my friend whether I know you in person or not. Hopefully, I can get back to the same enthusiasm of being a SAHW this year as I had 3 years ago when I first began this journey. Lots has changed and lots has happened in the past 3 years....so hang on 2015 is going to be one heck of a year for me!
This is going to be the beginning of this journey!
I decided I wanted to have a word for 2015...upon googling that phrase I was taken to this blog and wanted to just follow her questioning pattern...so here is what the writer had to say about finding a word that you would like to be your word for the upcoming year. So I leave you with the process for now and will come back next Friday 1/9 after I have had the time this week to develop this and share my thoughts and process with you.
– What is definitely happening in 2015?
– What are you hoping will happen in 2015?
– What dreams would you like to nurture in the new year?
– What area(s) of your life is/are asking to be supported in 2015?
– What qualities do you want to develop in yourself?
– What does your heart need?
Now go through what you’ve come up with already, and circle words that feel meaningful or jump out at you in some way. She gives you a list of words to see if any of those feel like they’re calling out to you. When you have a list of about 10-20 words, narrow it down to about five words. Then she says journal on these questions:
– What’s your own definition of this word? What does it mean to you?
– Look it up in a dictionary and/or thesaurus and jot down anything that speaks to you
– Can you think of any supporting words for this word e.g. LOVE could be supported by caring, passion, connection, commitment
– Is there another layer under this word? e.g. NURTURE might really be about creating soul connections or community
– How does this word make you feel? Excited? Motivated? A bit nervous? Expanded?
– Any other thoughts or feelings you have about this word?
After you’ve done this, decide if you need an active or a passive word and an inward word or an outward word. Which word thrills you? Which one feels like a blessed relief? Which feels like a gift? Which word do you want to be your word? Or do you wish the word you feel drawn to was cooler, more hip?
If you’ve got two words and can’t decide, flip a coin. If the word that gives you leaves you feeling disappointed, it’s not your word. If you’ve got more than two, change up the pairings until you find the one that feels most right.
I thought for a while that inspiration should be my word, then I considered healing, and then create/creativity, and community. I thought sanctuary could be it. Someone suggested devotion. I need to work through these words and see what I find. I’d like to challenge you all to share in this process with me or share if you already have a word. I’ll share mine next week.
Thanks to Susannah Conway at http://www.susannahconway.com for this process in finding your word of the year.